Get afloat, quick

Adrian_Morgan

Visit site
Having (after a long period of Scuttlebutt abstinence) scanned all the drivel about the best way to inflate fenders, leaking valves, restricting racing, mistakes in RYA books and the annual debate about varnish I would suggest it's high time you all got afloat...

<hr width=100% size=1>

bigmart

Visit site
I would love to but theres about 50 Feet of hard standing & several other boats between mine & the water. Still, in a couple of weeks, sigh.

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

tome

www.google.co.uk
Nice one!

We've been afloat apart from a brief haul out October and enjoying sailing in an empty Solent (until last weekend). I see a scramble to prepare boats now that we're enjoying a sunny spell...

<hr width=100% size=1>

iangrant

Visit site
Re: Oh! Well said, that man! nm

No No No, we are quite happy with the empty waters at the moment thanks, as they have been all winter!!

Ian

<hr width=100% size=1>

Rabbie

Visit site
Is that your humble opinion Adrian?.

<hr width=100% size=1>
chief_clans.jpg

Now THATS a Claymore!

extravert

Not far from Uwchmynydd, near Bwlchtocyn, just up
Visit site
Well there's all of Yorkshire, the North Sea, Denmark, the Skagerrak and a large lump of Sweden between me and my boat at the moment, so I guess I'll just have to keep on discussing varnish. Ho hum.

<hr width=100% size=1>Adventures of the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.xrayted.fsnet.co.uk>Teddy Bear Boat</A>

Aja

Visit site
It always seems such a shame to get the thing dirty after all that polishing and antifouling.... must be going mad goes in 1 week today - hurrah!

Donald

<hr width=100% size=1>

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
One could

take offence or at least a small potting shed at the word "drivel" from a regular.

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

TheBoatman

Visit site
<<<<<<makes a mental note, if all these scuttlebutters are thinking of going afloat it's hightime I thought about coming out for the season<s> and taking up my summer hobby of stamp collecting.

<hr width=100% size=1>

stubate

Visit site
put mine in last friday

in pwllheli, the sun shone and shone, finally took her of the piles on sunday but no wind, however managed to get the sails up and rejig the reefing lines (thanks gareth)
nice lunch and gently drifted, all at peace with the world except for the tosspot on the jetski, do you think that catapults are allowed?
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

Aeolus_IV

Visit site
Been afloat all the time..

Spent all winter sailing so now she's due for her lift out this Friday, a couple of weeks on the hard to do essential work then back in the water. Next year will plan winter work earlier (give ourselves a bit more time for work) - still there's been some good sailing to be had in January and February.

Jeff.

<hr width=100% size=1>

bigmart

Visit site
I might have an idea for you. Instead of discussing varnish try sniffing it. Then you wont care at all.

Martin

<hr width=100% size=1>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Re: put mine in last friday

Yes, I know it's been posted before, but it answers your question and still gives me a laugh. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.west.net/~lpm/hobie/archives/v1-i2/humor.shtml>http://www.west.net/~lpm/hobie/archives/v1-i2/humor.shtml</A>

<hr width=100% size=1>

squidge

Visit site
Trying ( very) with a long list of jobs to do. Looks like the ones who are on the water are enjoying the space. I hope to be joining them at Easter./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>