George Clarke's Amazing Spaces.

Flynnbarr

Visit site
From last night.Worth a watch on the I player.
'Restoring' a woodie with a view to living on it down Actionmat's way.
At least the chap didn't abandon it when it sank!

apollo

Visit site
From last night.Worth a watch on the I player.
'Restoring' a woodie with a view to living on it down Actionmat's way.
At least the chap didn't abandon it when it sank!

saw it - what a heap of cack that boat was!
first the cheeky sod found some girl off dating site to do his woodworking for him, then when she wised up and left, he got a load of volunteers in. You can just imagine the quality of the work. Nice paint job but bet it sinks again real soon.

Actionmat

Visit site
I watched it with interest. I'm not sure if it's still around the back of the Small Boat Club(where it sank). It looked like the Aerial Sailing Club had let him moor on their pontoon while The BBC were filming.
I see he rents it out as a B&B, but having seen the daylight coming in through the timbers I don't think he'd get too much business in the winter.
It showed the good natured side of others who were willing to pitch in and help(on the promise of a free nights B&B when it was finished), but it was a bit disappointing finish wise. George was looking enthusiastic when he saw the finished product, but I do wonder what he really thought having seen some of the other homes in the series.

My boat will be coming out of the water next year and I'm a bit strapped for cash. Any volunteers?:D:D
Willing to trade 1 hours scraping for a cup of tea and a biscuit(nothing fancy mind, probably just rich teas). I'm on a budget:D

TrueBlue

Visit site
All the technical help came from folks on the canalworld forums - including one very excellent mechanical chap who has spent hours trying to sort out his engine - a true Saint.
The boat - Fairstar - spent most of last (?) winter on Boveney's facilities mooring and it looked in awful shape then. The owner was told 'not to touch it' either here or on CWDF - but he persisted....

None of my business, but it's annoying when folks persuade others to lend lots of support, their time and sometimes money, only for the requestor to fiddle around (he painted the boat white...) when he should have fixed the leak.