Gel coat and paint scratches/lines

SunseekerStan

Visit site
Hi, I have an older sunseeker 70 with some small lines and chips/cracks in the gelcoat and gelcoat like white tables, hatches and such. what is the most effective way of dealing with this? should i sand down the area and apply a fine coat of gelcoat paste? what products do you use for that shiny paper white finish? also, is everything that's white and shiny on the boat gelcoat? the barbeque lid for example looks the same as the hull but appears to have bubbles in it like from paint.

rafiki_

Visit site
Hi, I have an older sunseeker 70 with some small lines and chips/cracks in the gelcoat and gelcoat like white tables, hatches and such. what is the most effective way of dealing with this? should i sand down the area and apply a fine coat of gelcoat paste? what products do you use for that shiny paper white finish? also, is everything that's white and shiny on the boat gelcoat? the barbeque lid for example looks the same as the hull but appears to have bubbles in it like from paint.
Getting a good finish with Gelcoat repairs is not easy. There are good professionals out there who will get a finish like new. Some of this is down to mixing the right colour. Some is in the sanding back and filling.