Gearbox rattling when hot

Lastone

Visit site
I have a strange behaviour with our gearbox. When the gearbox is under load after about 2-3 hours, the gearbox is starting to make some rattling noise.
RPM was at about 1500 all the time, and suddently it just starts.
It just starts when its hot, after I let it cool of for about 1 hour the noise does disapear.
What can cause this? Do I have to worry about that?

I got a Beta Engine 38 with a Technodrive TMC 60P Gearbox, about 1600 hours on both.

Boater Sam

Visit site
Main cause of transmission rattles is the drive plate.
Check everything else for rattles, floor plates, engine mounts, flex couplings, exhaust etc.
Have you a stethoscope? Or if not a long piece of thin wood that you can put to an ear and probe around to find the source of the noise?

Lastone

Visit site
Main cause of transmission rattles is the drive plate.
Check everything else for rattles, floor plates, engine mounts, flex couplings, exhaust etc.
Have you a stethoscope? Or if not a long piece of thin wood that you can put to an ear and probe around to find the source of the noise?
All right so how can I check the drive plate. Would I see the issue if i take it appart? It's just strange, because it starts after it's really hot. Before it's working totally fine.

Boater Sam

Visit site
All right so how can I check the drive plate. Would I see the issue if i take it appart? It's just strange, because it starts after it's really hot. Before it's working totally fine.
Gearbox off, plate is bolted on the flywheel.
There are springs or plastic inserts in the plate, easy to see if they are broken.

dsw

Visit site
I have a strange behaviour with our gearbox. When the gearbox is under load after about 2-3 hours, the gearbox is starting to make some rattling noise.
RPM was at about 1500 all the time, and suddently it just starts.
It just starts when its hot, after I let it cool of for about 1 hour the noise does disapear.
What can cause this? Do I have to worry about that?

I got a Beta Engine 38 with a Technodrive TMC 60P Gearbox, about 1600 hour