Gas alarm

joeirish

Visit site
I have a Simpson-Lawrence CM 60 gas alarm on my boat. It was on the boat when I bought her. The alarm unit is about the size of a cigarette pack and has a single two position switch. The switch is labelled Power and the On position seems to be up. But I'm not sure. Does anybody else have such an alarm. I can't find anything on the internet about this model.

Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day Joe,

Most sniffers are turned on at the control panel when you get on board, and are left on till you close her up and leave. the second position on the switch should be the test position to check the alarm is operating ok.

The orientation will not effect it's operation.

Hope this helps. . . . . .

<hr width=100% size=1> Old Salt Oz /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Growing old is unavoidable. However, growing up is still optional.

joeirish

Visit site
Hiya

My problem is that I can't tell which is the test position and which is the On position. The On label is above the switch but the green power light only comes on when the switch is in the down position. Then a few seconds later the red warning light comes on with the alarm noise. So is this just the test or do I have a gas leak? Without any documentation I can't tell.

Joe

<hr width=100% size=1>

dickh

Visit site
On my Pilot alarm, the alarm comes on immediately you switch on, red & green lights on, sounds for a few seconds with the red light on, then stops, the red light goes out and the green light stays on.

<hr width=100% size=1>dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif