Garmin Gpsmap172c

Big-Bang1

Visit site
Hi!

The garmin gpsmap172c at my chart table has packed up (constantly trying to aquire satellites, tried two other aerials - exactly the same).
I don't want the hassle of trying to wire a new GPS in (connected to my icom vhf and ais trancever).
Does anyone have a working one they want to sell me? Don't need the chart card as I have them already.
Thanks in advance

Hot Property

Visit site
Hi!

The garmin gpsmap172c at my chart table has packed up (constantly trying to aquire satellites, tried two other aerials - exactly the same).
I don't want the hassle of trying to wire a new GPS in (connected to my icom vhf and ais trancever).
Does anyone have a working one they want to sell me? Don't need the chart card as I have them already.
Thanks in advance

Try this Unable to acquire satellites with a GPSMAP 172/178 | Garmin Customer Support

I have the 298 and it loses its location. The reset forces it to look elsewhere.

In mine there is a menu setting that you can select to find location.

I think there is a rechargable battery inside that fails eventually.....

Big-Bang1

Visit site
Tried that too. Had a reply from Garmin who tell me there was a software update to fix this error. However, Garmin no longer sell the programming card and lead....