Gadfly II missing Years

Seajet

Visit site
The Old Gaffers Association may well agree they're better off without you, that's up to them; it's a sign of how little regard you pay to those trying to help, that you don't know I AM NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OGA !

I went to some trouble to find info' about your boat, which frankly amounted to everything you were asking in the first place, and didn't get a murmur of thanks, in fact you complained when I sent a photo' of a related boat, which I'd explained in previous mails and the one with the photo...

The only reason you'll get any help is that people like me have an interest in history, and you are fortunately just a temporary custodian.

ianc1200

Visit site
I came across my 1993 Old Gaffers Handbook, dated 1993. Two Gadfly's are listed, No.1, built 1937, built ARP, designed Harrison Butler, now named Gadfly Jack. No.2, ie Gadfly II, built 1946, built ARP, designed Harrison Butler. The boats are in the section "not owned by members" so somebody in the OGA in 1993 clearly knew something about these boats.

IanC

jstarboat

www.j-starboatservices.co.uk
Hi Ian C,
Gadfly Jack is now in Wadebridge in Cornwall, Gadfly II is now in Suffolk they could not be further apart if you could try. From the OGA archives both Gadfly I & II were designed by ARP and built by eye.

Regards
Old Salt

jstarboat

www.j-starboatservices.co.uk
Hi IanC,
Thank you for taking the time to look through the old gaffers Handbooks you have and were able to find some more information about the first two Gadfly's. The first one as now turned up in Wadebridge in Cornwall. The owner as send me some photos of her as she is now. She is a little down on her luck.but apart from a little TLC will be back in sailing trim soon. The archive in the OGA says that Gadfly II was built by eye and so was Gadfly Jack. But there is a little bit on the paperwork that says that they could have been designed by Harrison Butler, but no body know for sure.

Thanks again for your help in my quest to learn more about the history of the two boats.

Kind Regards

Simon