Furuno prices up 25%

Babylon

Visit site
Have been considering buying a Furuno 1623 stand-alone radar for a few months, and in that time the retail price has gone up from £800 to £1000 - a 25% hike most likely due to the weakness of the Pound - which interestingly is beginning to make Raymarine kit look more attractively priced.

pvb

Visit site
If you're quick, you can get a Raymarine C70 radar/plotter with an 18" radome for £1250, and I think it still qualifies for Raymarine's £250 cashback offer if you can trade-in any old plotter.

Mandarin331

Visit site
Can someone please explain why when all electronics prices are crashing anything to do with yachts is stable or even rising?

Is this to do with the relatively limited market / competition (compared to flat screen TVs) or that the yachtie market is perceived to be able to afford it? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

halcyon

Visit site
My brother imports from China, but it is paid in US dollars. So it depends how far ahead you bought your dollars. and how the US dollar moves to the currency you buy from and Stirling.
Added to the problem is rising costs in China, so we have falling pound and rising production cost, not a good mix. Added to the fact that we do not make at home, which would give a more stable price.

One interesting point, I have noticed we are now getting electronic components made in Germany, instead of China, are they planning better than Mr Brown ??

Brian