Furuno Navnet.....

adrianbarker

Visit site
Interested to hear from the learned members of the panel that have a twin helm set-up of the above radar/plotter configuration.

I have 2 x 10" colour overlay jobs, one up(flybridge), one down.

Bottom one as master, flybridge as slave.

Gps antenna to lower helm, radar to flybridge I think.

You didn't have that one the last time we saw you !

jfm

Visit site
TCM has a single helm but twin screen set up. I have used it a bit. I have also used a single helm/single screen set up on another boat. I forgot the model - 1943C I think. Anyway, they are navnetted 10inch colour daylight viewable with radar overlay, in both cases.

Wot dya wanna know?

G

The last navnet I saw on a boat I was working had been fitted a very short time and all the black coating had fallen off the display, looked a right mess, IMHO I would go for separate Raymarine radar and plotter I dont like the idea of 2 units on one screen, if you have the room then buy 2 units.
Paul js.

adrianbarker

Visit site
Well......I have to be a bit careful, like Dom, but it appears that when following a route from the slave unit the plotter/Pilot do not talk to each other.

So, when tracking to a waypoint, and reaching it, instead of changing course to the next waypoint the Furuno/Raynarine pilot just carries on the same compass heading.
( I have always had Raytheon/Raymarine equipment before, and I know how to use the kit )

I have had Furuno on board( more than once), who confirm something is not quite right........and apparently NO-ONE else has this problem-which I find staggering...............

So, come on, if anyone has this set-up lets talk about the frustrating effects when reaching Corbire Jubillee week !!!!!!

Adrian

You didn't have that one the last time we saw you !