Furling best deal from Arun !!

G

Thanks to all who replied to my previous quests for advice on Rotostay, Crusader and Seateach, all who seemed to supply very worthy products. I called Rotomarine ( Rotostay direct ) who were unable to do any deals / discount etc and base price for the 427 ( for 7mm stay on my Moody 31 ) was £910 + VAT. They did explain, as I knew already, that the sail makers could offer better deals if buying a sail too (they can pass on their volume discount on the Rotostay kit to me ). They supply lots of gear to their local maker Arun / Rockall Sails and suggested I called them. Quite glad that I did because they can supply me in about 3 weeks with a package price of £1138 + VAT ( £1338 ) which includes furler / sail and everything else that I need to complete the project ( new forestay cut to correct length and terminated ready to fit ; all the deck blocks and line etc ). I think that this has to be the best deal so far and I think I will place my order next week. Would be glad of any final recommendations, or otherwise ? I am pretty sure that Rotostay is a good piece of kit ( for the price ) and Arun seemed to be highly recommended by Rotomarine. Any comments before I sign the dotted line ?

G

Too good to be true ? ........ well it was ! I got confirmation of my telephone quote today and Arun unfortunately quoted me the wrong sail spec. The correct Rotostay package price is £1413+VAT ( £1660 ) which I guess is more in line with the others. Looks like maybe Crusader have the edge on price at £1500 but have double the lead time ( 8 weeks ). I think all seem to have very good products so there really is not much in it. Apologies for the false alarm but I thought I was getting a bargain ...... alas no such thing these days with yacht products.

G

I have recently had a new furling genoa made by Arun to replace my 21 year old Arun Genoa.It is a superb looking and setting sail.Ihope it it lasts as well as the old one.Also they promised it within 4 weeks and delivered in 3 weeks.I know a few people who have been dissapointed with the set of Crusader Sails but as they sell thousands maybe they were just unlucky.

G

I have recently had a new furling genoa made by Arun to replace my 21 year old Arun Genoa.It is a superb looking and setting sail.Ihope it it lasts as well as the old one.Also they promised it within 4 weeks and delivered in 3 weeks.I know a few people who have been dissapointed with the set of Crusader Sails but as they sell thousands maybe they were just unlucky.

G

I\'d second the comment about Arun

Definitely more upmarket than Crusader

G

Replaced my furling last year with a B35 system from Profurl. Excellent engineering and significantly less than £900. Forestay was 8mm and 37 ft long on a Prout cat so heavily loaded. One issue to check on is the gearing ie how many feet of rope you pull in to each foot of sail. Dont like using winches to reef, and my wife needs to be able to handle the system if I am below. Hence, gearing matters and the Profurl B35 system offered the best gearing thatI could find . Hurts to recommend something French, but it is good.