Fun/loon things to do on Carib lockdown - pretend you can speak Norwegian

t21

Visit site
For this gag you need a friendly English-speaking Norwegian co-conspirator. He calls you up on VHF, both move to another channel and he proceeds to ask you question in Norwegian. You respond in badly-pronounced Norwegina garbage you ripped off the internet, and mention the names of nearby boats. You can do this several times, each time ramping it up with more mentions of more boats listeing in all planning imminnent Transat and who are all WTF that Mojo can speak Norwegian?!! And WHAT is he saying?? He mentioned us! Arg! I'm only just at stage one of this, and plannning an early morning yabber 5 minutes before the net. Actually I have written out and google-translated a bunch of sensible stuff, inlcuding the notion that I used to work for Nokia. So the tame Norwegian might think er WTF is this a gag that he can, or can't speak Norwegian? Maybe. Or as we say "Norsk". It's easy to read lump of Norwegian, badly anyway. Excellent laugh.

Irish Rover

Visit site
That's brilliant. Pure genius. You should copyright or patent it, whichever, and send it to a few major TV channels as a a game show idea. Seriously I can't stop laughing just thinking about it. I wonder would it work with other languages? Would it be OK if I experimented?

Irish Rover

Visit site
Evet tabii ki, belki de Türkçe olarak deneyebilir misiniz? İyi bir şey, bir sürü küfür kelimesini fırlatabilirsin ve kimsenin lanet bir ipucu yok. Lütfen rapor verin?
More genius. Why didn't I think of that. I mean it's so obvious - broadcasting in Turkish in Turkey.

t21

Visit site
More genius. Why didn't I think of that. I mean it's so obvious - broadcasting in Turkish in Turkey.
“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light!” - Groucho marx (ripped from bible Matthew 5:9)

Matt (age 59)

Spooky

This is VERY boaty btw. I’m encouraging liveaboards to communicate.

Sadly even the late Tcm ended up the same way as Shakespeare round these parts: bard