fuel in Gibraltar

glennant

Visit site
Help please on fueling in Gibraltar. I am importing a large motor yacht to the Med and discharge port Gib. I am after deisel fuel price and tax situation if the boat then leaves for Spain and France. About 10/15,000 litres, is it better to fuel there or up the coast?

colvic

Visit site
At Gib you negotiate a price on the quantity required, which in your case should be about the lowest they do, but exactly how much I don't know. Prices in Spain, I suppose this is where you meant when you said up the coast, went up a lot last year but have fallen back but will still be higher than Gib.I think you may have to book fueling in advance requiring so much, so ask again on the motor boat forum.

Lozzer

Visit site
For sure you must fill up in Gibraltar as it is about 2/3 the price. I prefer shell as I have been going there for years and have NEVER had any problems with the quality. BP and CEPSA will hold up a sign with their prices, they will be cheaper but I know of people that have had bad fuel from BP (CEPSA is new so no comment).

In Spain prices are around €1 per litre increasing the further East you go. I delivered a yacht to Croatia from Portugal and the expensive places are Sardinia, Sicily and Italy, in fact I felt that they made their prices up. Circa €1.3 per litre.

Wherever you fill up make sure that they have a healthy turnover of fuel. We had lots of water in our fuel thanks to some French supplier.

Also might be worth considering using bunker services for that amount of fuel each time!

Good luck