From bad to worse

sorehead

N/A
Visit site
The new management of the Lightship at Haslar Marina are having a larf. No food on a Friday night, breakfast was served and eaten and then the toast arrived, the coffee is served with milk whether you like it or not, there are less items on the menu than before, service is worse that ever even when the bar is empty..... ....

Last night there was some tosser mouthing off that he got the lease because he's mates with Dean & Reddyhoff and that's why no one else that tendered for the lease got a look in. Hmm.

Come on Dean & Reddyhoff, you really could have done better, especially with an 8% rise in your marina fees and no improvement in facilities or service.

The beer will have to be close to free to get me back there.

Col

Visit site
When did that happen? Called in there a few times last year, wasn't too bad-Not brilliant- but not bad.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

G

And I really thought that the food there could not have got any worse! I have had more dire meals there than any other place on the south coast!

Our club will have to avoid Haslar from now one.

www.lados.co.uk

G

We have been in and out of Haslar over the last two years and before that our yacht was based there for a year. Last time we eat there was September.

I think they try but suffer from lack of qualified staff.

www.lados.co.uk

aod

Visit site
New Owners

I haven't eaten there since the new owners took over but I have been in for a beer and my understanding is that they have only recently taken it over and it's due a major refit in March.
I think the new owners also run Spitsand fort where they roast whole pigs and stuff and the reports I have had back from there have been very favourable so perhaps we should give them a chance to settle down and re-evaluate later on in the summer.