Fridge regassing

Chrissie

Visit site
I have an Isotherm compressor 12v fridge unit which needs regassing, I bought the gas but the trigger valve conector doesnt fit onto the chargeing pipe on the compressor, there is a nut built onto the pipe which stops the push on valve conector fitting on. I have heard I need a shrader conector, but one that will fit into both pieces, ie an adaptor, I am in Gosport, does anyone know where I can get one from please?
fridgephoto.jpg

Blue bit is attatched to the can of gas, and has the trigger for filling. bit of pipe is where the gas goes, (I think)

Alpha22

Visit site
You may well find it is not as simple as that. What is in the system a the moment? Air I would guess. How are you gong to get the air (and moisture) out of the system? Your can of gas will not simply displace it.
You may find you need to create a near perfect vacum in your system before introducing the gas.

Chrissie

Visit site
Spent nearly sixty pounds on the guage and refilling gas, wishing I had bought an electric coolbox instead, but have to carry on with the re gassing now, :( the system runs but doesnt get cold enough any more, certainly doesnt frost

owen-cox

Visit site