Freeman33 update!!!!!!!!!

G

Hi, I met with the owners son today and had a good look at the Freeman 33. Everybody was right, it's not a 1988 it was built 12/82 and shipped to the U.S.A. in 1983 as a boatshow boat.It was on the boatshow circuit until 1985, then hung around the brokers yard as a demo until the present owner purchased it in 1988. Hence, titled it a 1988 boat (Don't ask me why?) She is powered by twin 250hp Volvo turbo-diesels. She looks like a great boat, just needs a little TLC.I'm going to negotiate the purchase this week, wish me Luck!!! And Thanks for all the input. Have a great day. Chuck Greenwood.

G

They must have built the boat with special big engines for the US market. Hope you get it, you will have real quality there and a boat built like a brick shithouse. Keep us all advised and look out for the gin bottle holder in the coctail cabinet. BTW> I think you will find she's a 35 not a 33.

G

Hi Byron, You were right, there is a gin bottle cut out in the booze locker. But I think it is a 33', although I have not physically measured it. He said it has an airfoil over the bridge that he took off and made a bench seat out of it. Have you ever heard of that? thanks Chuck

G

Sorry Chuck, I have no idea. All I know is you have an extremely rare boat there. I will remind you once again that it was an early Freeman that was declared the first fibre glass classic. My home is just a few hundreds yards from the boatyard that stocks all Freeman parts etc. (on the other side of the Thames from me) I do believe the old Foreman of the builder is still alive, I don't have his address but can put you in touch with someone that will know.