Four Winns

Canboria

Visit site
What is the Forums view on Four Winns sports cruisers the 248 and 268 Vista models, the only major problem is that most appear to have petrol Volvos, or is it really a problem if they are well maintained

Derek

wakeup

Visit site
The only thing I know about these guys is that they went bust about 18 months ago so I would be concerned about their stability and aftermarket support and possible depreciation, just look at Mariah can't sell them for chips now.

yada yada..

Canboria

Visit site
Thanks for that I already new, I had done a search on the company they were part of OMC Boats, now owned by Genmar Corporation of America reputably one of the worlds largest marine dealers, the boats are still in production.

Derek

wakeup

Visit site
I think boats they built were good quality and design for the money, much better than most of the US boats. I am glad to hear they are still in production.

yada yada..

G

I bought a new Four Winns 268 Vista in March 2000. Its got a 5.7GSi Duoprop outdrive and I tow it on 3500kg Rapide trailer.

First comment about diesel option, at this size (with the notable exception of the Sealine S23/4) there is no realistic diesel option in any sports cruisers most are underpowered and or overpriced)

After 2.5 years of ownership I have to say that I am very happy with the boat, the quality is excellent its still feels solid and well screwed together.

We have used it for a family of 4 for a variety of cruises, tidal and non tidal thames, Norfolk Broads, Windermere, Channel Islands, France, Spain and Bollyolics to name a few destinations.

Residual values seem to be holding up.

Problems ? Surprisingly few, it has an appitite for outdrive bellows and thats about it.

Any other questions, happy to help.