Four Month of weed.

shanemax

Visit site
I last scrubbed off in May. I was on my way to the Stour on Thurs 19th but gave up at PinMill and turned back. I had a spring ebb under me which made no difference and with the strong gusting winds I was getting no where.
She would not respond to the helm except with full tiller. The boat had been getting less and less responsive for the last couple of weeks. This is what happens if you miss a years anti fouling, which I did due to a health problem at the time. Does anyone with knowledge know what sort of weed this is. If you want to know if your anti fouling is any good have a look.

Attachments

• boat weed sept 2024.jpg
    boat weed sept 2024.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 95

Sailing steve

Visit site
Swinging mooring in Twizzle creek Walton Backwaters.
Spring 2023 two liberal coats of SML Cu Pro and a third along the waterline. Launched early April and these were taken mid June.

Same situation this season with Hempel Hard Racing.

Attachments

• IMG_20230820_074656.jpg
    IMG_20230820_074656.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20230820_074628.jpg
    IMG_20230820_074628.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55

fergie_mac66

Visit site
Get a garden hoe . We never antifoul its a pain sometimes but a couple or 3 times a year we put on to a sandbank and hoe any weed or fouling off we are a cat 2 hulls 2foot takes 1 tide for my misssis and I to clean of. Any green algy left is scrubbed with a brush and eco soap.
In the time you took the photo you could have cleaned a lot of that off
I should say we are in our very late 60 it is a chore but keeps us moving and the 2 hulls take max 3 hours to clean off

shanemax

Visit site
Get a garden hoe . We never antifoul its a pain sometimes but a couple or 3 times a year we put on to a sandbank and hoe any weed or fouling off we are a cat 2 hulls 2foot takes 1 tide for my misssis and I to clean of. Any green algy left is scrubbed with a brush and eco soap.
In the time you took the photo you could have cleaned a lot of that off
I should say we are in our very late 60 it is a chore but keeps us moving and the 2 hulls take max 3 hours to clean off
To tell the truth it was the easiest weed I have ever had to remove. It just released from the hull with minimum effort. I think if I could have got the boat up to 15/20 knots (imposible) it would have probably washed off on its own. Each strand was 2 to 3 inches long and would not lay flat to the hull and that was what caused so much drag. I usually anti foul each year with Shogan Seajet, it's not the cheapest but I have found it pretty good.