Fortress anchor

Tim Good

Visit site
……..so where does one store it ? I'd rather it wasn't in a locker due to its size.

Mine has been un-assembled in the locker and now I feel I ought to assemble it but to store it where.? It is the larger FX-23.

We have is diassembled in the anchor locker and it takes 3-5 minutes to assemble. If we think we'll need it regularly it hangs off the pushpit using a specific mount made for Fortress anchors

geem

Visit site
Our locker has a floorboard with a nice large space beneath it. I cut a hole same size as the cross-sectional area of the shaft and we stand the anchor up in the locker with it tied against the bulkhead. Its easy to extract and deploy quickly

zoidberg

Visit site
……..so where does one store it ? I'd rather it wasn't in a locker due to its size.

Mine has been un-assembled in the locker and now I feel I ought to assemble it but to store it where.? It is the larger FX-23.

Make up a storage bag, as I have done.... twice.

42164410142_157278a15c_z.jpg

I used an offcut of polyprop carpeting, some whipping twine, and an hour of precious 'me time'. Oh, and a couple of plastic knobs for buttons....

Neeves

Visit site
Our bridge deck locker is sufficiently large to take an assembled FX 37 sitting vertically against the locker side. Fortress can direct you to, an American company (I think based in California) who make brackets specifically for assembled Fortress - the brackets are hardly complex and any metal shop could make you a copy. From memory one design i imply a bent metal plate into which one of the mud palm slides. Mantus have a universal bracket for all/any, assembled, anchor. If you are not fussy, simply lash to the transom.

Jonathan

edit

A quick Google search threw up this:

https://www.defender.com/category.jsp?id=2304757&path=-1|2276108|2276122

I'm not suggesting buying from Defender but bending a bit of stainless plate and drilling a few holes (or commissioning someone to do it for you) i a very simple fix.

close edit

Last edited: