Ford NG 2712 E 80hp

captmikecoin

Visit site
I've been using one of these engines or its bigger brothers for the last 30 or so years. For a well maintained engine 7500 hours is nothing. They should be good for over 20,000 hrs before needing rebuilding. However if it has been neglected that's a different story. Do what Graham376 says. Normal oil pressure is 55 psi but could drop as low as 40 if really hot. Oil condition can be a guide to how well it has been looked after too. You could even have an oil analysis done although I never have.

Listen to the engine for knocking or other odd noises, if possible with an engineering stethoscope or a piece of metal tube to your ear and the other end in various places on the block. The other thing is to look for oil leaks which all of these engines I have seen seem to develop eventually. The odd drip is normal; just make sure there's a drip tray below. A lot of oil from the flywheel end means the crank seal has worn and is a major job to fix once the engine is out. For me it would mean a no no.

Water pumps are expensive to replace. Check for leaks and pulley lateral movement. If there's a problem then it is probably cheaper to have it rebuilt.

Lancing Marine are a fount of spares and knowledge which they have been happy to share with me. Tel: 01273 410025

Good luck.