Following on from the old boats post, cheap squaddy anyone?

buster3

Visit site
I do like the 58 /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jfm

Visit site
Wow that's seriously good value. Needs some slight work, but nothing major by the sounds of it

Surely the running costs aren't much worse than other boats you've looked at jrb? You could code it (easily) and do some day charter? I'm amazed how much charter I'm being asked to do for 2009, seems to be a stronger market this year, dunno why. I've turned 2 down, one of which Nick h has taken up and signed /taken deposit for, and I've signed up one/taken a deposit for a Corsica cruise. Never previously had that level of demand so early in the year - perhaps it's a fluke unless others (Clive?) are seeing the same?

Buster I could have sold you a bargain 58 a month or two ago - too late!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

If you're going to turn prospective charterers away, send them over to Majorca /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif No sign of any bookings on mine this year at all and I've left August completely free. Are peeps trading down from superyacht charters, do you think?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Another great value boat. Seems like £10-15k would have that boat looking like new

jfm

Visit site
OK will do. Not sure of the reasons really, possibly just flukey. That said, this time last year and the yr before mosty of the decent superyachts were fully booked, whereas right now there is wide open availablility on superyachts, so there may well be some trading down going on

Seriously, if I'd accepted all 3 bookings that wanted mine so far (instead of just one) I'd have >£100k in contracted base revenue (= profit, in effect, cos guests pay food/fuel/dockage as additional cost)

Is yours available for August Deleted User? With skipper and stewie and all the trimmings, or bareboat? I do know of one potential charterer

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Indeed Paul this is "Charma" a lot of students did their course on her as she used to be one of our school boats fully coded. Also she famously made the May 04 issue of MBY, in an article on Sun Coast.

So we know the boat inside out as it were. I lot of boat for the money.