Flying fish.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
As I've been doing a lot more motor boat stuff recently than sailing, I thought its about time I posted here.

My friend has a Fairline Targa 47 Targa based in Marina Rubicon, Lanzarote. Over the past couple of months my wife and I have got him up to speed to pass his ICC. I do the practical bits, Mrs S the theory. We've been out quite a lot now and it's fab to see how he and his wife are coming on.

First, they bought an AMC 200 power boat. This got them both plus their daughter up to speed on basic boaty stuff. He still has this....I really enjoy zooming around once a week or so!

Flipping between phone and tablet now for piccies.

capnsensible

www.herculessailing.com
Cracker. In the town marina.

Anyway, after some docking practice on the Fairline today, we went out into the Bocaina Straits between the 2 islands. Flat calm, blue seas. There is another small island, Lobos, just to the NE of Fuertaventura. So I suggested that we do a whizz around Lobos and back. Keeping to around 14 or 15 knots, that's about an hour.

Not much traffic but got him to use ais, way points, yadda yadda. Scorchio too, needs lot of water to avoid dehydrating.

Fab and....loadsa flying fish. Not seen them here this year but lovely bonus. They really enjoyed the trip and got a lot out of it. Plus perfect arrival back on the berth!