Flight with dog

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi I usually use Easy jet for my flights from Manchester to Athens however I have come into possession of a small dog Paterdale terrier .that weighs 9kg .I have looked at various ways of getting us to Athens KLM seem the best but cannot get a price for the dog if she was smaller they will allow in to the cabin However without booking flights don't know approx price .
And as usual when needing information. Post here.lol

cheers ibobt.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Our poor old dog (17) have pasted away now but up to two years ago Transavia , part of KLM was charging us 60 euros for the cat and another for the dog , to Athen from Amsterdam .

PlanB

Visit site
But don't forget that the flight back to uk may cost 10 times the outbound and involve passport, jab etc.

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
No idea on costs to Athens but my wife flew back from Lanzarote in February last year with our pooch, Monarch was the only airline that would carry pets, he's only a Jack Russell and weighs in at a full 6kg after his dinner. He had to go in the hold in his own crate, supplied by us, and one way into Gatwick (Manchester being the only other alternative) cost a whopping £600-00. Sailing back into UK with him was not an option . . . . well it was but we didn't want to be caught and end up with a fine and the pooch in quarantine for who knows how long.

Bertramdriver

www.williamsandsmithells.com
We've looked at flying to Greece with our Beardie. It's doable with non uk airlines (Air Berlin) was particularly helpful, but once you try to cross the ditch it would be cheaper to charter your own executive jet. If you want to take your pet then drive and ferry is the only viable option.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Have spoken to Aegean Airline very helpful on the going out ,no more than 80euro, but they would not give me a price for return said I needed to talk to their Greek team .
They failed to answer the phone .

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
Just to add to my other reply, we had to use a shipping agent to do all the paperwork for our dog to be accepted for the flight which was quite long winded, plus the standard vet check and worming 48hrs before the flight, then on the day pooch and his travel crate (plastered with relevant paperwork and labels) had to be taken to the cargo handling area for the flight and left there. It wasn't necessary to travel on the same flight but my wife had managed to get a seat on the same one anyway. Collection was about ten minutes drive from Gatwick.
Getting out of the country with pets is easy . . . . . . getting back in is a whole different game, try getting a quote from one of the pet shipping companies that are on the net like this one http://www.passportforpets.co.uk/pet-shippers.php at least you will get some idea then of what might be involved