First sail of 2016

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Was any of the voyage in darkness?
I find my eyes generate multiple lighthouses on the 04.00 watch!

No darkness involved , I should had said 110 nm round trip with five days in Malta to break the trip up .
A very bumpy ride both ways , one of them toe rail in the water jobs even with reef sails , more wind then forecaster and for the first sail of the season we could had done with a more comfortable sail , by hey we don't always get what we want , where would be the fun in that .

We quite like night sailing not too keen in arriving in a new port in the dark so we try and time are arrival in day light , although that don't always work .
We still talk about the time we set out for Morocco to arrive around day break , it was one of the fastest sail we had , no matter how much we tired to slow our self down , our boat wasn't having any of it , 0430 heaving to on the Morocco coast waiting for day light .

syneraida

syneraida.com
Just finished 130ish mile sail from Elba to Menton (last leg of a 1200 mile trip over 2 weeks), like your trip it was rougher than predicted we had a steep swell on the port quarter, causing a lot of rolling (toe rail to to rail at times) and on arrival in Menton we were nackered, more so than any other part of the trip.

A rolly/rough trip always takes it out of me, sometime more so when only a (24hr) day sail rather than a longer distance, because you tend to stay awake more than you would on a longer trip, because you say to yourself "it's only a day we'll be there soon", if its a longer trip you get your sleep where you can because you know you'll need it.

P.S. My wife and I are 34 and 35 respectively, so don't think its an age thing :)