Fife regatta

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Thank you a fantastic sight all those yachts fighting it out.

Re the by invitation only comment, shurely the right decision, not only do they want suitable yachts and sailing working craft to take part competing against each other. It would require the right clothing to be worn, is, no baseball caps.:)

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Re the by invitation only comment, shurely the right decision, not only do they want suitable yachts and sailing working craft to take part competing against each other. It would require the right clothing to be worn, is, no baseball caps.:)

I wonder which owners of Fife yachts are excluded because they haven't been invited. Maybe they just don't want Hatasoo to show up and do a Turbinia-at-Spithead through the fleet.

adwuk

Visit site
Wow JD - you must have a real chip on your shoulder :) Can we not simply appreciate these yachts without turning it into a "them and us" debate? and fyi - Hatasoo took part in the 2003 regatta... :encouragement:

I'm pretty sure that if you went out and bought Colena or, even better, Iona then your invite would be in the post.

Last edited:

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Wow JD - you must have a real chip on your shoulder :) Can we not simply appreciate these yachts without turning it into a "them and us" debate? and fyi - Hatasoo took part in the 2003 regatta... :encouragement:

I don't have the slightest chip on my shoulder. I'm just puzzled about why a regatta with such a very tight entrance qualification needs to be by invitation only, and why they have to stress it so often. I would genuinely like to know how many Fife owners they don't want there.

Incidentally, Hatasoo was owned for many, many years by the McGrouther brothers, in whose yard at Kilcreggan my last boat used to winter.

Woodlouse

Visit site
I wonder which owners of Fife yachts are excluded because they haven't been invited. Maybe they just don't want Hatasoo to show up and do a Turbinia-at-Spithead through the fleet.

I think fifes are accepted without question. The invitation only part is for boats that aren't fifes but otherwise fit the spirit of the event. Mariette for example was invited to attend one of the more recent events despite being a herreschoff.