Fibreglass Throttle Recess

PeteCooper

Visit site
Following on from recent threads about throttle levers causing problems, would anybody be interested in buying a recess that the throttle lever would sit in?

The sort of thing we are talking about is very well made:

P1030236.jpg

This is a very solid moulding.

The outside is finished in white gelcoat:

P1030244.jpg

In this picture you can see a small amount of damage which occurred as the piece was removed from the mould - the mould has now been modified to prevent this, and any supplied will be a perfect finish.

And in this case has been mounted flush:

P1030251.jpg

I envisage that if anybody wants one they will be moulded with a finished flange, so that they can be bedded onto sealant and bolted in place. If you wanted to mount it flush as in the photo it would be a simple matter to remove the flange. A template would be supplied for the cut out.
If you have any interest in such a thing, please let me know.

Spyro

Visit site
No but I'm interested in the carpet in the cockpit sole, do you do that in red to match my sprayhood?

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
No but I'm interested in the carpet in the cockpit sole, do you do that in red to match my sprayhood?

Not your style Ian, or mine for that matter, its only there to prevent transferring muck into main cabib while she is in yard.

Impervious carpet can be got from most carpet stores.

prv

Visit site
Who would put an engine strangler there:rolleyes:

It's approximately where the stop knob was on my boat. Particularly daft since you had to go to one end of the cockpit to stop it, then leap to the other to shut off the beep.

Naturally I moved the stop knob next to the panel pretty quickly.

Pete

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Looks excellent - exactly as on my Moody 33 but on mine the lower inner ledge collects water as there was not enough taper in the moulding - will yours collect water? Just a helpful comment, not critism.
You could try selling them on ebay - I suspect there may be a small market for them.

yoda

Visit site
I suppose the answer (but probably not until next winter!) is yes. I like the idea and the size would be important. I would like to see a recessed lip so that it can effectively be glud in behind the cut out before then bonding in from the back. incorperating room for the pull stop may also be a useful idea. Seems to have potential in my mind.