Fast fishing bots

G

Does anyone have experiance of the Bayliner Trophy or the Tremlett Sportsman ( 7or 8 m )? , that they would be prepared to pass on . I am considering a boat of that type

G

Talk to Challenger Marine and you could end up paying half the price for what you want. *

G

How the hell did that happen?

I assure you I'm not on a commision!

G

(Vested interest here)

Are you shure you want a 'fast fishing boat' instead of a pocket cruiser?

Fishy stuff

Have a look at the Jeanneau Web site (www.jeanneau.fr) if an inboard powered peche-prom switches your lights on.(It may not of course) MF695, (7 metres) at a price (30K) is a fine all round boat, unless you really want a planing hull. Smaller MF 635 (25k) is terrifc sea-boat with big cockpit and inboard diesel. Have used both in anger. Sessa, Orkney, Mitchell and others make useful FF's, powered by outboards or outdrive diesels. Orkney Day-Anglers good planing craft, Orkney Orkadian nice but pricey. All of these are built mainly for the blood and guts angling market so are a bit basic inside, apart from the Jeanneau's and similar which are fine weekenders, in my humble opinion.....

Sue

G

jeanneau\'s fine if you want a greenhouse

of a boat with blue patio doors, and the ugliest nose down attitude at displacement speeds.

G

I have gone throught the 17.5' dory / 21.5' walkround (DellQuay sportfish660 and shortly take delivery of a Faeton 7.8m which in my opinion avoids the greenhouse of some and is not over 'fish spec' unless you want it to be. check out http://www.turmarine.com/780moraga_ev.htm uk dealer is www.tamside.co.uk

If you are Poole area you are welcome to have a look at the boat when it arrives next month (hopefully!)

good luck in your search

G

Re: jeanneau\'s fine if you want a greenhouse

A greenhouse is a very fine place to be in minus 2 degrees Centigrade - ie the typical British Summer! Nose down attitude is based on old Concorde design - the nose comes up when she takes off......

Best

Sue

G

Point taken Sue...

but I still find them a bit of a strange halfway house between a cruiser and a work boat. I prefer to lose some weight and just have a small cuddy cabin...and run back to shore fast when it gets too cold!

Attachments

• Maserati Transom.jpg
    Maserati Transom.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 0