Fairline Targa 43 1999 - 2004 average Hrs and tax status

jon and michie

Visit site
Hi - What would be average / acceptable hrs on a T43 circa 1999 - 2004 ?
And trying to find a straight forward answer on Tax status - say if a boat was tax paid in the UK at first sale then it found its way to Europe would that then re incur import charges say after being away for so long ?
Many Thanks for any advice
Jon

kashurst

Visit site
Hours - well looked after engines should be good for thousands of hours. However resale maybe more difficult with very high hours. So I guess 1500 max at resale time
If the boat is still in the EU today and it is brought back permanently then I am pretty sure UK VAT will be charged regardless of its original VAT status. There was a window to bring boats back after UK left the EU but I think that has now passed.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
20% on nearly every deal unless it’s already owned by a Brit in which I think they can bring it back to sell and it keeps it’s vat paid status , unless that what the window was provision for earlier on and now it’s lapsed , JFM is the man to answer this . Many dealers still bring them back and have ways I’m told of selling a boat uk vat paid , wether they are cheating I don’t know , all I know is that it’s being done .

itspaul

Visit site
what I would say is don’t get to anxious about hours the way they have been looked after is more important I bought a 2000 t43 with 2100 hrs on it the engines had been serviced regularly as the boat had been a day charter boat with a skipper . It ran faultless and no oil used between services. Conversely I then bought a t52 which had just over 200 hrs and hadn’t been used for nearly 3 years it took nearly 12 months to have no fault codes on the evc nothing that stopped them running but annoying faults which took a while to cure