Excrement

Wakatere

Visit site
The cormorants are at it again - and if it's not them it's gulls, terns, starlings or WHY. I could spend ages covering the boat in netting every time I leave it, I suppose, but does anyone have other recommendations?

KAL

Visit site
The cormorants are at it again - and if it's not them it's gulls, terns, starlings or WHY. I could spend ages covering the boat in netting every time I leave it, I suppose, but does anyone have other recommendations?

Try a Gullsweep or a daddy longlegs.

VicS

Visit site
It's these darned turnstones I want to get rid of.

They don't seem to be around early in the summer but from mid July onwards there is a small flock on every boat on our moorings

DSCF0286.jpg

oldharry

Visit site
Do you get a problem with snakes messing up boats as well in your part of the world, Lakesailor? Dont get THAT in the Solent AFAIK! :)

Humline seems to work for me, and we have most of the waders, being near a large remote patch of LW mud.

Amchored in Swanage last week near a large motor boat. The gulls seemed unusually noisy, then realised the MB was playing bird distress sounds at high volume every three minutes. Became unbearable after a couple of hours, and had to move.

ianat182

Visit site
Maybe try stringing up some old CD's on a tight line, and one close to the masthead. One boat on the river has large plastic owl mounted on the cabin- dunno if it works or not!

ianat182