Excellent Marine Engineer in Kiparissia

Welshmansailing

Visit site
Arrived in Kiparissia on 30 April and discovered the stern gland was leaking. A passing policeman put me in touch with Dimitri who told me there propably wasn't a replacement part on the Peloponesse and it would have to come from Athens. As the next day was May Day it was looking like a significant delay on my dash around the Peloponesse. Dimitri returned in the evening with his sister who speaks excellent English and it was agreed I would try and source the part and that she would then work out delivery to Kiparissia. The part left Levkas at 10.00 and arrived in Kiparissia at 23.00. The next day Dimitri fitted the part by sliding the prop shaft back and making a swift swap. To shift the prop shaft back enough he had to remove the anode. Turns out he is a very experienced free diver. The cost was very reasonable and he will travel to Pilos, Methoni and Kalamata, he will also come out to boats with mechanical problems. His contact number is 00 30 6974 129436 and his email address is DDAREOS@yahoo.gr