ETAP 37s Tandem keel

Klaas

Visit site
Does anybody have experience with the tandem keel on etaps. I am considering buying a new etap with this tandem keel but I am worried about the performance.

Could anybody give me advise?

Thanks
Klaas

<hr width=100% size=1>

kingfisher

Visit site
I believe YM did an article on one of the ETAPs with the twin keel configuration, and were well surprised. Off course, a single deep keel will always be faster and point higher, so it will always be a trade off.

It's sort of the middle ground between a deep keel aand bilge keelers. Tha latter has even crummier pointing abilities and likes to settle down on its ear, but they can dry out.

I went from a 90cm draught bilge keeler to a 1m70 semi long keel, and well, it's been a blessing (5bft SE Dover-Oostende) and a curse (no entry in Vlissingen, LW +/-2h at springs, getting stuck in the mud in Blankenberge).

Depends on your sailing area a bit (hint hint: fill out more of your profile, so we have some more info).

<hr width=100% size=1>Group of people on the pontoon: skipper is the one with the toolbox.
http://sirocco31.tripod.com

wildbeaver

Visit site
I have a 32s with tandem keel. For me - a good compromise (I need the shallow keel). It sails very well, maybe doesn't point quite as high. But fast with the wind behind the beam. Keel depth just about ok for French canals too.....

<hr width=100% size=1>