Envag Boat licence checking

byron

RIP
Visit site
I can see that it is easy to check marinas to see which boats have a licence. I can see that bankside moored boats can also be checked by simply coming alongside in the Patrol Launch.
I wonder however about the legality of checking boats in other situations.

examples: To check a craft in a boat house means entering the boat house, is this illegal entry? Similarly if a vessel is in a Cut and the Inspector lands to look at the craft is this trespass?

I wonder just how much powers of entry Envag have. have they joined the ranks of the Gas Board, Customs and others?

byron

RIP
Visit site
Why not ask them?

I'm not concerned I merely raise the issue for debate. It only occurred to me after going on to my launch to stick on the license. I then realised that for an Inspector to check the launch he would need to actually enter the boat house. Also with the Cut he would need to land to see if the boat there has a licence.

macnorton

Visit site
On the Nene we have had this for some years, they turn up with a list of boats which should be there and know which ones are not licenced. and record the details of new mooring holders that have no visible disc.

CJL

Visit site
Warranted EA inspectors have powers to enter land, premises and vessels to carry out their functions - s108 Environment Act (I think)

Chris