Entering Port Solent Lock at Very Low Tide

MrB

Visit site
Nice choice on the sound track, i like the Kooks. :encouragement: I think you click the "insert video" ^^^^ and paste the url into that.

dom

Visit site
Excellent vid, though I had to rewind it to see what had happened to the Sunsail pontoon! I need an absolute minimum of 1.5m below datum (raggie) to get in or out of PS so have never seen the mud even nearly that high! The big danger for sailboats is holding at the last turn before the lock and accidentally reversing into the mud on the red side of the channel. I might load your vid onto my iPad for educational purposes if may :encouragement:

darrenw

Visit site
Nice choice on the sound track, i like the Kooks. :encouragement: I think you click the "insert video" ^^^^ and paste the url into that.
Unfortunately it still seems to display the URL. I think it's perhaps not Photobucket friendly.

Excellent vid, though I had to rewind it to see what had happened to the Sunsail pontoon! I need an absolute minimum of 1.5m below datum (raggie) to get in or out of PS so have never seen the mud even nearly that high! The big danger for sailboats is holding at the last turn before the lock and accidentally reversing into the mud on the red side of the channel. I might load your vid onto my iPad for educational purposes if may :encouragement:
Sure.
We only need half that and it was a tight squeeze for us - you'll notice we had to keep as far right as possible on the final approach and the other half said she could see the bottom over her side. The outer waiting and sunsail pontoons are removed over the winter.

darrenw

Visit site
Loved that. Is it an outdrive boat? Seems to be wandering about a bit, I wonder how a similar thing would look from mine.
Yep, but you can blame the driver :p

In fairness (to me), the wind was getting up, it really was very low and we'd just been shouted at for getting too close to the aircraft carrier :eek:

Visit site
In a big wide beam (fat arse) MoBo, the sailing yachts tying on and rafting 3 astride can be disastrous to keeping In the deeper channel in these situations.

... Feels like they know it too