empty riverside property at Cookham

thamesS23

Anyone know the story or history behind the rather large abandoned house by the river at Cookham (about 3rd / 4th property along from the bridge).
I remember when we started boating it was occupied and looked rather grand (about 8 years ago), but now it is such a sorry state.

Flynnbarr

I seem to remember Arabs many years ago.
There have been a lot of wars in those parts or they could have just forgotten they own it!
Trip boat skipper I know took out a wealthy Arab once with his entourage,took a fancy to a riverside property,said to one of his underlings I want to buy that property,make it happen.Turned out the wealthy chap already owned it,he had forgotten,it's a different world!!

plumbob

I seem to remember Arabs many years ago.
There have been a lot of wars in those parts or they could have just forgotten they own it!
Trip boat skipper I know took out a wealthy Arab once with his entourage,took a fancy to a riverside property,said to one of his underlings I want to buy that property,make it happen.Turned out the wealthy chap already owned it,he had forgotten,it's a different world!!

I understood it was owned by Susan George and ? Her husband, Anthony Andrews? Been empty for years.

Teddy

Are we talking about the large house with several sat dishes and crumbling balastrades? If so, wasn't that owned by Diana Dors many years ago?

Flynnbarr

It's like a nautical version of Through the Keyhole:)
Everyone should have a guess.... The more tenuous the link the better..... Winner gets taken out by Old Git,no expense spared:)

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Are we talking about the large house with several sat dishes and crumbling balastrades? If so, wasn't that owned by Diana Dors many years ago?

Diana Dors was just above Marlow bridge on the left going up, next to the HUGE house that is owned by a middle eastern family, they come over once a year, my father used to supply transport to them for six weeks.