Electrickery charts!

ccscott49

Visit site
OK, peeps, I've got the computer, got the GPS mouse, Icom PCMR1000 ssb radio for the computer, naxtex engine, got an effin big (20") screen in my wheelhouse, mouse, keyboard etc. Plus free satding GPs, tied into radar and DSC VHF.

Now I want a simple (it's me remember!) chart plotting software, with good up to date charts for the western meddy and the chance to purchase more for the eastern meddy etc. Without breaking the bank.

I'm a little lost in this, having used paper all the time, I even have a yeoman, but used it only a little, didnt like it. Still have it, anybody in Barcelona want it?

What does the esteemed forum reccomend?

demonboy

www.youtube.com
The first thing I'd make sure you have is comprehensive insurance cover!

I was suggested SeaClear II, which is a raster-based chart system that's free to download. I haven't played with it yet though as I don't have charts for it, but you can purchase them as packages on ebay. I'd be interested to hear what other people suggest, especially vector-based packages.

MOTORBÅD

Visit site
Hi I can strongly recommend the SOB software from Digiboat. You can use it free for 6 month and then buy a license for 20-30 US dollars.
You have to buy some C-map charts, but they have come down in price and are vectorised, which is the future standard.

Michael

G

Well ...

Illegal download of CmapECS and then Cm93 charts ... that'll give you world-wide coverage of the largest Pc based folio ...... but it's pirate software etc. I'm told it works well though.

Cheap ... actually free is Seaclear from www.sping.com - excellent package ....but you need to either get hold of BSB - KAP charts or some others that are listed on sping site ... plus the ability to calibrate scanned charts ....

ccscott49

Visit site
I know I said cheap, but want something reliable nand legal, thanks everybdy so far.
I do believe I have a copy of those CM 93 charts aboard, but aren't they very old? But of course rocks in the western meddy tend not to move too much! (unless theres an earthquake!)

Nigel, where can I get a download of CmapECS? PM me if you prefer! Thanks.

G

[ QUOTE ]
I know I said cheap, but want something reliable nand legal, thanks everybdy so far.
I do believe I have a copy of those CM 93 charts aboard, but aren't they very old? But of course rocks in the western meddy tend not to move too much! (unless theres an earthquake!)

Nigel, where can I get a download of CmapECS? PM me if you prefer! Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

CMapECS ... downloads - not legal so that's out. CM93 on board ? Usually there will be CMapECS somewhere in the directory .....

Cheap and Legal ? I suggest a word with Maptech .... they do a reasonable bundle job for UK coverage ... maybe you can wangle a bundle that does Meddi instead ?