Egham moorings

The Glassman

Visit site
Hi, we are about to set off on our first trip down towards London since well before lockdown. We'd like to meet up with a friend at 'The Italian Concept' restaurant - she lives nearby-ish. How are the moorings by the old Renault factory nowadays please?
We always enjoyed a stay there, back in the day....

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
We passed there earlier in the year. Once you go round the bend at Runneymeade park, they are on the right hand side and from memory they were quite a long stretch of public moorings, so you should easily find a space.

Bran

Visit site
Had a meal at the Italian Concept last week, plenty of mooring space and great food at the restaurant. Does get busy at the moorings some Saturday afternoons later on in the day so try to arrive early if possible.

Scapegoat

Visit site
One boat has been there for weeks, despite the new signs. Was quite busy on Thursday but if full, you should be able to find a space upstream of the Pleasure ground on the NT moorings. Bell Weir also has overnight moorings downstream for a few boats (fee due)

Attachments

• IMG_6107.jpeg
    IMG_6107.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6024.jpeg
    IMG_6024.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 15

oldgit

Visit site
There a day or two ago.Busy.
Two Brooms were rafted out and spent most of the day cleaning their already immaculate fenders.
We stayed for two days.
I wandered down to the lock to cough up £5.00 for the second night.
Lock keeper could not believe I had bothered. "Nobody had ever bothered before, we were the first ever in his experience

Folks can find £6K for a MDL mooring but not a fiver for a EA mooring. 👍

Last edited:

Scapegoat

Visit site
There a day or two ago.Busy.
Two Brooms were rafted out and spent most of the day cleaning their already immaculate fenders.
We stayed for two days.
I wandered down to the lock to cough up £5.00 for the second night.
Lock keeper could not believe I had bothered. "Nobody had ever bothered before, we were the first ever in his experience

Folks can find £6K for a MDL mooring but not a fiver for a EA mooring. 👍
It might help if the sign indicated how and where to pay the fee. The Goring lockkeeper is quite vigilant about collecting from boats moored on the towpath there but there seems to be no consistency along the river

Northern Star

Visit site
One boat has been there for weeks, despite the new signs. Was quite busy on Thursday but if full, you should be able to find a space upstream of the Pleasure ground on the NT moorings. Bell Weir also has overnight moorings downstream for a few boats (fee due)
Yes that widebeam was there when we visited in July. I think it may be there for a good reason as the person on it was going into the house next to it so maybe someone caring for a sick or elderly relative?