Easy and good value mobile internet in France?

Kelpie

Visit site
Not boaty but thought people on here might know.
For spending a few months in France, what would be the options for mobile internet? Happy to go with an android phone and cheap sim if that works- no probs picking up email on the phone, or using it as a hotspot. Or possibly a dongle, although that seems less flexible.
I'm guessing it would have to be prepaid or PAYG as I presume you need an address to get a contract, and it probably isn't worth it for only a couple of months anyway.
Thanks

John_d_Smith

Visit site
I've got a contract free SIM with Free that gives me 50Gb per month for 20 euro. They're available from vending machines and shops. Check their website for full details but I believe you only get to full amount of data if the card is used in a 4G device.

Trop Cher

Visit site
I spend two to three months a year in France and changed my uk mobile to 3 a couple of years ago when they started to allow you to use your monthy allowance aboard in certain countries at no extra cost, that's phone, texts and internet. Just returned from six weeks in France and got a text from 3 to say that I'd saved £36. There's also many places where you can get free wifi, macdonalds for example, or for a more french experience pat a pain!

Kelpie

Visit site
I spend two to three months a year in France and changed my uk mobile to 3 a couple of years ago when they started to allow you to use your monthy allowance aboard in certain countries at no extra cost, that's phone, texts and internet. Just returned from six weeks in France and got a text from 3 to say that I'd saved £36. There's also many places where you can get free wifi, macdonalds for example, or for a more french experience pat a pain!

Thanks, that sounds quite useful!
I wonder if roaming charges will come back after Brexit :D