East Cowes Marina

brianhumber

Visit site
Popped into ECM on off chance this weekend ( was going to Folly) found it was the last weekend of winter rates, only £15/ night for 45' so stayed and watched the sun set. Visitors berths now miles away from Toilets on A/B pontoons. Tested the new Lifeboat pub/diner, be warned it took over 2 hours to get main course - lots of upset punters.
Smashing thresh back to Chi, not a lot of others about in the Harbour so sailed back to mooring under full sail - great start to the season.

<hr width=100% size=1>

townquay

Visit site
I was out on Sunday and because of a commitment at Hamble Point we only nipped accross to Cowes for a quck breath of fresh air and a pint.
We moored at West Cowes ('Yacht Haven') and nipped into the office, if only to be honest and declare ourselves there for a short lunch-time stay. (Our boat is 10 m.)
The cost ?? A staggering £8.50 ! ! AND there was no electricity or water due to the scabby pontoon being repaired or something.
I'll be a long time dead before I pay them such exorbitant prices again !

<hr width=100% size=1>

tony_brighton

Visit site
The Lifeboat doesn't seem to have improved then - we were there at the end of last year; very poor service, not very good food, hoards of screaming kids, trying to turn the tables too fast, not a very big bar area. They do position themselves as a family restaurant so I'd suggest getting the water taxi into West Cowes.

<hr width=100% size=1>

cgull

Visit site
I spent Saturday night in the Yacht Haven. Near about 25b Sunsail boats, Very rowdy, even at 3 am . Certainly the Sunsail charterers dont do their own image any good atall. Usually I try and avaoid proximity to them.

<hr width=100% size=1>