EA heavy handedness - advice please

Gavi

Visit site
I was sent multiple invoices by the EA over the last 6 months of 2006 for a lifting fee for Shikara II, who I bought last year, and paid the lifting fee to Thames Boat Sales who arranged it for the surveyor. I have repeatedly questioned the fee by telephone but have never had a response. Not even confirmation of the date of the lifting so I could cross check with the survey.

Some time ago (months) I received a final demand and I rang and rang the EA until I could actually speak with someone. I again explained my understanding and asked to know when the boat was lifted etc. No reply.

Today I have received a terse solicitor's letter. Is this normal? Have I misunderstood something?

p.s. I have paid my 07 licenses for both the boat and her mooring risers.

Ramage

Visit site
I have just checked my paperwork. We had our boat lifted at Caversham Lakes by the EA on 31 May. The lift was arranged by Thames & Kennet Marine Sales.

I have an EA receipt dated 22/06/2006 for the fees.

On the receipt is a box that says
"Account Queries: S Ferguson 0118 9535615"

Might be worth giving them a call?

Gavi

Visit site
Thank you both. Thames Boat Sales have always been very helpful. I will call them. Feel a little dumb for not trying that before, but had hoped that the EA would have answered my questions!