DUNMOR

deisel

Visit site
Have Recently Brought A TSMY Called 'DUNMOR' It Originally
Came From The Thames, Does Any Body Know Anything About It?. Is There Any Way I Can Trace Its History? <span style="color:blue"> </span>

byron

RIP
Visit site
Are you referring to the 1961 craft registered in London built by Bradley & Seabourne and designed by John Baine MRINA and re-fitted with two Perkins 4 cyl 36 BHP Engines in 1970?
If so she was built in Worcester and her registered number is 302697.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
YES! How Do You Know? What Can You Tell Me About Her?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have records on many older boats. I can tell you that in 1980 she was owned by a Mrs H Rolfe and kept at Poole. However in 1978 it was owned by Mr & Mrs Rolfe (did he pass away?)

I am afraid that is all I can tell you other than measurements which you should have in your Blue Book.

ianc1200

Visit site
Grant Kinnaird of the Thames Vintage Boat Club/Trad Rally Commitee owned a slighly smaller Bradley & Seabourne called "Nomads" which he sold a few years ago. There was a larger one that came to the Rally which I believe moored at the island below Shepperton Lock (Doyle Carte Island?). I wonder if that was Dunmore. I'll e mail Grant to see if he knows of her.

IanC

GrantK

Visit site
Dunmor is a sister ship to Nomads, but without the aft cabin. Her dimensions are exactly the same.She was built in the same year. Some 6 or 7 years ago she was moored by Bushnell's at Maidenhead. then she was bought by a Gary Gill of Midsummer Norton.
Gary was going to totally restore her. It would be interesting to find out if he did. I may have a photograph of her being launched, but am not sure where it is. I'll have a look and contact you if I find it. These craft are superb seagoing boats. As are all John Bain designed craft. Both boats were built at Kempsey on the river Avon.

I'm sure you will enjoy owning her. Contact me if you are interested in joining the Thames vintage boat club.
Regards /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

deisel

Visit site
Many Thanks Grant, It Was Gary Who I Brought The Boat From, He Had The Aft Cabin Rebuilt By A Boat Builder At Great Expense!. Then Lost Interest. Theres Still A Lot Of Work To Be Done! But Is Still Seaworthy, Very Difficult Sometimes To Decide Wheather To Get The Tools Out Or Go To Sea! Any Old Photos Would Be Fantastic! I Believe I Have A Form To Join Your Club And Will Get It Of Shortly, Many Thanks, Steve

solitaire11

Visit site
kempsey is on the river severn by me, the original sheds where the seabourne boats we're built is still there, not for much longer though, they're about to be bulldozed to fit more holiday homes on /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif