Dufour classic 30

jwvanwijngaarden

Visit site
We are thinking about a bigger boat. Initial thoughts were a Hanse 300, but this turned out to be to cramped for us. Now considering a Dufour Classic 30, with its shallow keel and mastlength very well suited to our shallow dutch waters. Any opinions or experiences?

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jwvanwijngaarden on 16/08/2003 08:47 (server time).</FONT></P>

l'escargot

Visit site
I chartered one of these for two weeks in the Ionian a couple of years ago. They are very light to handle but I found everything a little bit skimped. I am five foot ten and found every berth just a bit on the short side, if my feet weren't touching a bulkhead then my head was. The aft berth was too caustrophobic to sleep in, in the heat, with very little headroom.
The galley and chart table were fine, as was the saloon headroom and the heads, but I felt it really needed to be a 33 foot boat just so that everything could benefit from an inch or two extra.
If you have already found another 30 foot boat too cramped, I think you may find this one similar.

<hr width=100% size=1>