duck poo (on my bathing platform)

SimonA

Visit site
The duck population in our marina seem to like sitting on my boat's bathing platform at night and have left a huge pile of poo all over it. Several times I have washed it off only to find it just as bad on the next visit to the boat. It is starting to discolour the wood.

Any ideas of what might scare the ducks enough to keep them away? Or maybe some was of making it so they can't get onto the platform.

sarabande

Visit site
Second thought.

We keep badgers off the lawn by filling clear 2l lemonade bottles with water, and putting them about 15 ft apart. The magnifying effect seems to warn them off. Worth a (cheap !) try ?

Genie

Visit site
Hi
Have you considered using a shower mat (with suckers on the underside) and then putting 6" wooden dowls up from the underside(with a 2" sq flat end to keep them upright under the mat). If you use a white mat and paint the wood white it might not look so obvious.
Just a thought.
Rob

Nickcf

Visit site
rig up some wire on insulators and connect to 5000v. Hey presto, no more poo and crispy fried into the bargain..

nick

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just put a notice on there, "RESERVED FOR COOTS" I'm sure that will work!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it around this part of the river, you'll arrive at your boat and find a daft old coot from our village sitting there knocking back your booze.

byron

RIP
Visit site
You seen me then /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
oceaneagle.jpg