dual outdrive alignment

Russell

Visit site
Stupid question maybe but should my outdrives be parallel when in the straight ahead position ? They are pointing slightly towards the centreline of the boat at the moment, but I imagine that was how they left the factory.........

<hr width=100% size=1>

David2452

Visit site
Some toe in is needed on non PAS twin O/Ds and particularly outboards, if you have PAS then it is not really needed but provided it is only slight it will not lose you any measurable thrust.

David

<hr width=100% size=1>

syd

Visit site
Russ
Just put mine back on (290 dp's) after replacing the steering fork bearings, bellows etc. The manual recommends a 5 degree toe in on each leg so it sounds like your set up is tickety boo.

Syd :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulineb

Visit site
Syd, for goodness sake don't call him Russ - it really pisses him off. And whatever you do, don't ask him what you call a man with a paper bag on his head !!

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

Sgroves

Visit site
when pointed in a straight line, my old boat had one outdrive aligned, and the other one slightly toed in, I was told by an engineer at the marina that this was deliberate to avoid cavitation, and therefore improve slow speed manouverability.
(lol, funny thing is though, my new boat's not like it!)

Steve

<hr width=100% size=1>