Drone + Itama running

jfm

Visit site
Nice video portfolio, thanks. In fact nice boat, nice riding hull, nice location, nice passengers, nice drone flying, nice editing

When bashing the waves she was running down wind and down waves because otherwise the drone could never have kept up! There must have been 20 knots plus of wind there. The hull would have been just as slick driving into the waves I reckon

The video is shot in Porto vechhio, Corsica. The little marina is the " itama only" Marina ( yes, I'm serious, and you'd love it!) on your right just before you enter the main Porto vechhio Marina. The turquoise anchorage is St Cyprien bay, a gorgeous anchorage just on the north side of the entrance to the big Porto vechhio bay, in the middle of of a 10 mile bit of coast that has half a dozen such beautiful anchorages. One time I overnighted close to the beach in the anchorage next door, 2 miles to the north, and was treated to a most entertaining display of nude beach aerobics at about 9 am in the morning :encouragement:

henryf

www.911virgin.com
One time I overnighted close to the beach in the anchorage next door, 2 miles to the north, and was treated to a most entertaining display of nude beach aerobics at about 9 am in the morning :encouragement:

That could go one of 2 ways.

If it was the Zumba class who use the sports hall just before we play badminton I'd rather they didn't :)

Drone footage is definitely starting to come of age now as technology and operators improve.

I saw this last time I was out in Thailand, all shot with a drone. Not unlike your recent video of the Med gathering.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=alnv2ouLqX4

I saw a stunning video made as part of the sales pack for a used boat Prinsess SE Asia have on their books whilst catching up at SIBS. I'll try & find it.

Henry

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
The little marina is the " itama only" Marina ( yes, I'm serious, and you'd love it!) on your right just before you enter the main Porto vechhio Marina.

Terrible picture, but this one:

IMGP0205_zps2k4fmvwz.jpg

D

Deleted User YDKXO

The video is shot in Porto vechhio, Corsica. The little marina is the " itama only" Marina ( yes, I'm serious, and you'd love it!) on your right just before you enter the main Porto vechhio Marina.
I thought I recognised it! We anchored overnight in Porto Vecchio last year and some private marina operator guy kept pestering us to stay in his marina. He started off by quoting €200 per night and I told him to 'eff off. He kept coming back and the price kept coming down every time and I kept telling him to 'eff off. He only got the message when he offered €50 per night and I still told him to 'eff off. We went into the main marina the following day looking for fuel but I must confess that I didn't see the Itama marina at all. Its lovely; is it really Itama owners only?

jfm

Visit site
I thought I recognised it! We anchored overnight in Porto Vecchio last year and some private marina operator guy kept pestering us to stay in his marina. He started off by quoting €200 per night and I told him to 'eff off. He kept coming back and the price kept coming down every time and I kept telling him to 'eff off. He only got the message when he offered €50 per night and I still told him to 'eff off. We went into the main marina the following day looking for fuel but I must confess that I didn't see the Itama marina at all. Its lovely; is it really Itama owners only?
Hi Mike. I don't know anything about that little marina actually. I've just passed it many times and thought how odd (and nice) that it is full of Itamas. Actually it sometimes has other ferretti group boats in too, but it is mostly itamas. Perhaps it is a members club, but I really don't know

The fuel dock in the main porto vechhio marina is a proper shetfight when it's busy. People in big Itamas trying to push in!

That whole coast is delightful. In a 10 mile or so stretch you have the almost perfectly circular Rondinara, which got MBY's best beach in the world a few years ago, and then St Cyprien in this drone video, the nude aerobics beach/bay close by, and a few others

Portofino

Visit site
The Itama marina looks like a dealers place .

http://www.portovecchiomarine.fr/mo...rina-privilege-porto-vecchio-corse-21-fr.html
All this highlights the seemingly new emerging tech of quadcopters both for personal and private use .
In the Itama vid you can see the chase boat a rib with presume operator .
Having googled Earthed Porto-Vecchio and near surrounds -yup JFM ,thanks for the heads up .
I can feel next summers 2weeker itinery taking shape . ----
Calvi - fuel - blast 3-4 hrs tops
anchor one night N Corsica - Pootle ?
Elba via Maccinaggio ( cheap French fuel -boat has long range tanks 2000L in all )
Portoferrio -wife likes this spot
S side of Elba anchor .Pootle?
Back to NE Corse Maccinaggio. Fuel Pootle ?
Porto Vecchio - blast /rip up the sea :) chill out a few days in all those nice places .
Return
Options
1- -blast back to Cannes in a day - up the E coast refuel Maccinaggio - 4 hrs ish ? then straight to Cannes 4 hr away @ 32 knots .( near mid June loads of -Daylight )
2- time permitted ( days to make worthwhile visit ) see Maddelena islands and work slowly back up the W side of Corse ?
With a few rest days or recovery days -buying new crockery :)i somehow think I,ll run out of time -
so reserve slow W side decent or Corse to Maddelenas for another trip .

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

That whole coast is delightful. In a 10 mile or so stretch you have the almost perfectly circular Rondinara, which got MBY's best beach in the world a few years ago, and then St Cyprien in this drone video, the nude aerobics beach/bay close by, and a few others
Yup it did indeed look lovely. Unfortunately we didn't have time to explore it properly. Another area we'll have to do properly another time