Doyle stratis sail question

Silver_Surfer

Visit site
hello, this is a question on a doyle stratis mainsail that was made for a customer with genoa but the taffeta color was not the same so the sailmaker had to eat the mainsail and have another mainsail made. Its the same exact boat i have and the measurements work for me.

my question is on the pictures of the sail, does the wrinkles i see in the picture are a concern? this is a remote loft from me and i wont be able to see sail in person and i'm not familiar with laminate sails.IMG_3940.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3939.jpeg
    IMG_3939.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3938.jpeg
    IMG_3938.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 4

Ingwe

Visit site
The crinkles are in the reinforcement patches that have been stuck onto the membrane after it has been made, its the normal problem of its difficult to get air bubbles out when you're sticking things together by hand - the membrane of the sail itself looks fine.

Silver_Surfer

Visit site
Ok thanks. I just wanted to get some educated comments besides what the sailmaker comes back with. I just got these photos as the original pictures were farther away to show the entire sail and you couldn’t see these wrinkles. I just replied to him for an explanation and I’m sure he’ll say the same thing. From what he told me the sail was made in 2021 and never used. Strati’s sail with Technora fibers