Doldums are not my favorite place ..... :(

fireball

Visit site
Ah well - certainly took the wrong way round and went from top 50 placing to bottom 200's (and still dropping!!). Still, looks like a straight course to the next mark and then we get into the fun of the South Atlantic ....

flaming

Visit site
I've inda done the oposite! Had a mare on the first half hour of the race, so always been in the 400s, but now in 82nd. Bring on the Southern Atlantic where I'm actually in touch!

Dipper

Visit site
What speed are you doing? Your wind direction is more favourable than mine. I'm doing 10.1 knots in 5.4 m/s wind.

These boats don't perform too well into the wind. I suspect a Sadler Barracuda would go faster.

Dipper

Visit site
I thought the easterly gang might approach the mark faster than us. It could be a fairly close call in the end.

Spyro

Visit site
yes it's going to be pretty crowded around the mark. I think some of the eastern group will be there before me.

Dipper

Visit site
Those doldrums are the nautical equivalent of a black hole.

Now I know what a star feels like when it gets too close. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Abestea

Visit site
Re: Definately in the Doldums!!

I agree the doldrums are not fun. Made worse by not being at the computer because of some s**t running into my car. We shall see what happens in the second half of the race.