Doing my bit for Christmas

byron

RIP
Visit site
I am considering inviting in some people who cannot afford a slap-up Christmas Dinner and allowing them to watch us eat ours. While I have my after dinner cigar I thought it would be nice to allow them to take the dog-ends out of the ashtrays and let them roll up a cigarette too.
I figure I can stand around 30 people around the table or 40 if I just have children. I think I prefer children because it is nice for them to have an hour or so in the warm.

sarabande

Visit site
Can we arrange for them to turn up in a narrowboat, propelled by oars, from a few miles downstream ?

pheran

Visit site
It sounds as though you intend letting them actually come inside this year rather than just pressing their noses up against the window as previously. If so, please put Ann & I down for 2 places. Oh, plus one for her 90 year old father please. We like him to have a good time at Crimbo.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds as though you intend letting them actually come inside this year rather than just pressing their noses up against the window as previously. If so, please put Ann & I down for 2 places. Oh, plus one for her 90 year old father please. We like him to have a good time at Crimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't come Chris., I can't have a fag when you are near. Gawd how I have suffered for you over the years, no one knows how I have been a gibbering wreck because I can't smoke when you are there... long before the smoking nazis ruled I would leave the marquee rather than smoke near you, what thanks did I get? None! You'd nick my drink and try and look innocent but the sly smirk on yoir face always gave you away.

pheran

Visit site
Ah........ yes......... but....................I reckon you've had your own back on me. Went to the Chest Clinic a few months back, 'Good news' says the consultant, 'we're sending you on a Pulmonary Rehabilitation Course' Seven bloody weeks teaching me how to breathe. As if I hadn't had enough practice over the years. I've a sneaking suspicion it was you put 'em up to that!!

tini121

Visit site
I had the same philanthropic urge this year and invited some of our local junkies in on Boxing Day. Strange how they all scarpered when I shouted "Who want's cold turkey!!" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif