Do your balls work?

chubby

www.flickr.com
The cork ones I mean that many have attached to their keys rings to keep them afloat in a KOB situation?

I the interests of security we have so many padlocks of the cabin doors for Dabchick in the hope of fending off anyone who thinks such a MAB might have anything worth nicking that when dropped over board they sank without trace!

So guys check your balls for bouyancy in the sink and I will be asking the easter bunny for one of those inflatable gadgets for my key ring!

homa

Visit site
Or shop wisely and buy padlocks which all operate from the same key. You probably won't find them at B&Q, but ask at a proper locksmith.

I bought one of those water buoys a few years ago. There are a few variations on the market now. First saw it on "Dragon's Den", clever idea.
will inflate when immersed and support up to 1Kg

I think the cost is worth the hassle of replacing all those strange keys.

Best thing is that it's a lot smaller than even one of the cork key rings that you mention, so easily fits in the pocket.

Homa

snowleopard

Visit site
Secondary use of the cork balls is that when you give one to a visiting crew they don't forget to return it before leaving.

lustyd

Visit site
Call me crazy but couldn't you carry a single key and lock the others securely inside the boat? I do this at home with my garage key and hardly ever worry about the garage getting broken into because someone found the key in my house!
You could leave them in the chart table, that way a thief would have to choose between taking the keys to "door number two" or the GPS unit they can already see, just like a gameshow :)

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
One of these might get them back.

3101a.jpg

Or would it just attach itself firmly to the ground chain? :confused:

johnalison

Visit site
I have a couple of garishly coloured foam floats which I have tested and they work. the trouble is that I tend to fiddle with one if it's in my hand and bits fall off. My Volvo key has its own float built in too.