Disorg Rally good news, bad news

G

Disorg Rally Update 1/3/01

Hello!

Dates: 6th, 7th July

Good news: we have seven boats going

Bad news: the Fairline Festival has booked 20 places at the harbour and a further 20 in the Marina. The place is to be chock a block with Fairlines.

Weymouth Harbour say they will be full to bursting. The marina say they can possibly 'squeeze us in'.

Questions :

1) Do we want to be squeezed into Weymouth at the Marina and fight for space on the waiting pontoons?

2) Or Do we find another venue for the same weekend?

Poole, Chichester, Lymington, ????

Answers on a Fairline poster please.

Boats expressing an interest:

Glicca Witchcraft Meekatharra Athito Sea Queen witcherlie Mik's Broom 37

Regards

Sue

glicca@compuserve.com

G

Its a bit of a long way from Plymouth for the week end. Unless I happen to be Passing.

Haydn

G

What about another date? Or Yarmouth? I know a lot of us go there but it's a little bit nearer for W Country stinkpotters (Haydn???). Convivial atmosphere and plenty to do.

G

Yarmouth IoW OK for me. It's within walking distance..

:)

Sue

G

Chichester sounds good. All the Fairlines from there will be in Weymouth. Possibly a bit late but add me as a probable. Falken II, Princess 412-2.

Doug A

G

Sue

Talk about in my own backyard. I don't even have to use any diesel!!

Colin

G

Two votes for Chichester so far, two for Yarmouth from pedestrians, so I guess Chichester looks the more useful.

Any other offers?

Best

Sue

G

Sue

Yarmouth for me. I do like using my boat really!

Colin

G

I like Yarmouth too. I can sail round from Cowes, then pop home for lunch. Could do a round the Island trip on the Saturday.......

MMMMM.. Where is Accrington?

Sue

G

Re: ooh Yarmouth and The George

Best place for a nice evening nosh is the George. The restaurant is a bit OTT, but the brasserie is fab. You have to book it ages in advance, and of course I have no idea of the telephone number. I could rent a boat and nip over. Worryingly, it'll be a sailing boat probably.