Dismantling 50ft f/b for road transport.

wonky

Visit site
Anyone have any experience if this? I know it's going to be a bit of a faff but it still might be cheaper than putting it on a ship as the next one available only goes to Rotterdam.

Elessar

Visit site
Anyone have any experience if this? I know it's going to be a bit of a faff but it still might be cheaper than putting it on a ship as the next one available only goes to Rotterdam.

Sort of but only on a smaller boat (40ft)

Took off props, mast, fly windscreen and a compass. The latter saved 2" in height and 100 miles.

The props allow the rudders to drop in slots in the trailer. It is all about height.

Mine was about 4.8m diamantled on the lorry. The motorway bridge guage on continental Europe is 4m. So it's all back roads and the higher the load the more tortuous the route. I don't know what the limit is im afraid.

rafiki_

Visit site
Depends on your trucking route. On ours, going from the Hamble to Portishead, I took all the furniture off the radar arch, and the props. This on a 40 ft fly. I think, like Elessar says, you have to do more trucking from the continent.

Medskipper

Visit site

Hi, I had my Princess 435 transported from Holland not far from Rotterdam to Spain last year. I used a German transport company as I couldn't find a British one that wanted the job! The boat is 44" long. I agree with Elessar above except I had to remove rudders as well as all he mentioned. The company moaned a lot about the size and height saying there are a lot of low bridges in Holland! Anyway I didn't get much change out of ten grand!
If you are taking the boat to England why not make your way down the coast from Rotterdam and across the channel with it?
good Luck

Elessar

Visit site
Thanks guys, how much do you think it's going to cost, 2 days labour at both ends?

Mine was £4.2k plus vat st carles to soton.
Dismantling labour was me plus one friend for a day plus about e80 to the local Volvo dealer to get the props off because they were effin tight.
Allow 1/2 day for gaffer taping everything so it doesn't rub.