Dinghy Stolen from Hamble River nr Swanwick

SJF

Visit site
Our 7' 6" pram dinghy was stolen from our midstream pontoon between 12pm Friday 14th June and 12pm Sunday 16th June 2013.

The dinghy had our boat name 'Katy Girl' on the stern and a premier sticker stuck onto the inside of the transom.

The picture below was taken prior to the winter maintainance work this winter. Unfortunately this is the only picture I can find at the moment, will add more if I find any.

2013-03-03 15.44.46.jpg

If you come across this dinghy or are offered it for sale or simply abandoned somewhere please get in touch with myself via pm or Hampshire Police.

Dockhead

Visit site
My hard dinghy was also stolen from my mid-river mooring which is nearby -- opposite Swanwick, opposite the Land's End Hard. My pontoon mate thankfully saw the scrotes and recovered it for me, minus oars and an oarlock, and with some damage.

The cuprits were a gang of boys who swim from the Land's End Hard. I have photos if that is of any help. I don't believe that they sell dinghies they steal, but they sometimes sink them. So your dink might be at the bottom somewhere. The police need to do somethign about it'; please be sure to notify them as well as the harbourmaster.

sailorman

Visit site
My hard dinghy was also stolen from my mid-river mooring which is nearby -- opposite Swanwick, opposite the Land's End Hard. My pontoon mate thankfully saw the scrotes and recovered it for me, minus oars and an oarlock, and with some damage.

The culprits were a gang of boys who swim from the Land's End Hard. I have photos if that is of any help. I don't believe that they sell dinghies they steal, but they sometimes sink them. So your dink might be at the bottom somewhere. The police need to do something about it'; please be sure to notify them as well as the harbour master.

The Plod have nice new shiny fast boats to use ( (Ex Olympics) so give em a call